About MaestroQA Screen Capture
MaestroQA Screen Capture helps your organization understand how you solve your customers’ problems. It captures recordings of your work on Zendesk, which helps improve your team’s processes, tools, and coaching sessions.
The product is configured to respect your privacy and meet your organization’s security and privacy requirements. For example, your screen recording automatically starts and stops when you are working on a ticket, to only record your work solving a customer’s problem.
Installing the Chrome Extension
Check your email
When your administrator invites you to Screen Capture, you will receive an email with a link and instructions. The link will take you to the Chrome Web Store to install the instruction. If you did not receive this email, please reach out to your team lead or administrator.
Add the extension to Chrome
Install the Chrome extension from the Chrome Web Store:
After being invited to install Screen Capture,
- Click the link in your email invite to go to the Chrome Web Store
- Click the “Add to Chrome” button
- Click “Add extension”, confirming the permissions the extension uses
That’s it! The extension will be ready to use the next time you visit Zendesk.
Using Screen Capture for the first time
If you don't see the onboarding screen below after installing the extension and visiting Zendesk, please try logging out of Zendesk then logging back in and / or restarting Chrome.
After installing the extension, login to Zendesk (or refresh an open Zendesk tab). You’ll see an overview that walks you through the basics:
- Sharing your screen in Chrome is what enables the extension to record
- Recordings automatically begin and end when you’re working a ticket
- You’ll need to share your screen while using Zendesk
Next, you’ll share your screen. When you return to Zendesk next time, you’ll jump right into sharing your screen.
Sharing your screen
Sharing your screen is what lets Screen Capture automatically start and stop recording when you’re working on a ticket. If you do not share your screen, your work will not be recorded. Note that Screen Capture may be configured in a way that requires you to share the entire screen of each monitor you are using. If you’re using multiple monitors, you will have to share both.
After onboarding, and each time you visit Zendesk, you will be prompted to share your screen.
To share your screen:
- Click the gray box that says “Click here to share”. Chrome will show a new popup.
- In the Chrome popup, select the screen you want to share, and click “Share”.
- If you are sharing more than one monitor, repeat steps 1 & 2 for your second screen. If you accidentally share the same screen twice, you'll be asked to retry.
- Once you have shared each screen, you can click “Done”.
If you are using a Mac and get an error that your computer or system denied screen sharing permissions, you need to give Chrome permission to share screen: https://help.maestroqa.com/en/articles/4340064-grant-chrome-permission-to-share-screen-on-macos
After sharing your screen, you will see a Chrome popup that lets you know you are sharing your screen.
We recommend you click "Hide". Remember, sharing enables recordings to start and stop. If you hit "Stop sharing", you will need to share your screen again.
Your first recording
You're all set - when you click into an open ticket, Screen Capture will automatically start recording. The recording will end when you complete the ticket.
You'll notice a Maestro icon added to Zendesk. When it's blue, you're ready to record. When there's a red dot, the extension is recording. You can click on the icon to manage the extension.