The MaestroQA Screen Capture extension enables administrators and managers to view your (the agent's) screen and listen to recordings of your customer interactions. This allows administrators to see how procedures are working and determine the importance of the workflows you employ and the tools you need to do your job. Customer interactions are only recorded while you are working on a ticket and recordings will stop automatically when you're done.
Administrators or managers will send an email invitation to their agents to install the MaestroQA screen capture extension. Read the instructions and install the extension from the Chrome Web Store with the link provided in the email invitation.
Once on the Chrome Web Store extension page, click the Add to Chrome button
and then click Add extension.
Next time you login or refresh the page on
[your subdomain].zendesk.com, you will be prompted to share your screen.
Once logged into Zendesk, you will see the following slides that describe how the extension functions. Please read each slide and click Next.
The last slide allows you to indicate whether you want to see this message again in the future. We recommend leaving this unchecked for your first few days so you can be reminded every time you open up Zendesk. Click Submit to close the popup. The next prompt will actually ask you to share your screen.
Sharing your screen
The following prompt will depend on how many monitors/screens you have plugged in.
If you have only one monitor/screen plugged in, the following prompt will appear:
1) Click the gray box that says Click here to share. Chrome will ask you to share your screen.
2) Select the screen and click Share.
3) Once you have finished sharing, the original prompt will look like this:
4) Click Done. Congrats! You are done. The MaestroQA extension will only record your screen when you are actively working on a ticket or taking a phone call on Zendesk.
If you have multiple monitors plugged in, the following prompt will appear on your screen. Please read all of the text so you can understand how screen sharing works:
1) Click one of the gray boxes that says Click here to share. Chrome will ask you to share one of your screens:
2) Click Screen 1 and then click Share. You will see the screen you shared reflected in the original prompt like this:
3) Click another one of the remaining gray boxes that says Click here to share.
4) The screen share prompt will reappear with the same choices. This time, click Screen 2 and then click Share.
5) If you accidentally shared Screen 1 again, it will give you this message:
6) Just click OK and try again from Step 3.
7) Once you have filled all slots, the original prompt will look like this:
8) Click Done. Congrats! You are done. The MaestroQA extension will only record your screen when you are actively working on a ticket or taking a phone call on Zendesk.